A CSA is a subscription program consisting of a weekly delivery to a regional pick-up point of fresh, Certified Naturally Grown produce that comes from our farm directly to you!
What are the Benefits?
- You will receive share boxes for 25 weeks of fresh, Certified Naturally Grown, high quality, cleaned produce.
- Eating with the seasons is healthy and fun!
- When you compare our CSA price with the cost of buying Organic at the store, if will be clear that you are saving money! Plus, you can't find vegetables this fresh and nutritious in any store! The vegetables you receive from the CSA didn't spend weeks in transit coming from across the country or the world.
- Reconnect with your precious, essential food chain. Through annual farm events and tours, you can see where and how the food you feed your family is being grown. Get to know the people who raise your food!
- Exposure to new vegetables and recipes. Get out of the same old, same old dinner rut with new kinds of vegetables and diverse varieties of the old standards ( when was the last time you had lemon cucumbers or mache?). We will be sharing recipes and serving suggestions from our weekly farm blog.
- Significantly reduce your carbon footprint by eating locally.
Sample of CSA bags
We take great care to process and clean what we harvest from the fields. Please visit our produce availability page for samples of what will be available during the year.
How does it Work?
We will be dropping the shares off for you to pick up at several regional locations.
- Richmond- Farm Stand and CSA pick-up- South of the James Farmers Market- Saturday Mornings
- Farmville- YMCA- Wednesdays 11- 6pm
- Crumptown Farm- Wednesday afternoons 3-6pm
- Mini Share- $225 + VA State sales tax $5.63= $230.63 - An average weekly value of $9. Ideal for the single person or couple who eat at home only a few times a week
- Small Share- $375 + VA State sales tax $9.38= $384.38 - An average weekly value of $15. For the family of 1-2
- Large Share- $625+ VA State sales tax $15.63= $640.63 - An average weekly value of $25. For the family of 3-4 or the voracious vegetarian couple!
- Egg Share-$100+VA sales tax $2.50= $102.50 The number of egg shares available is limited, so reserve yours soon!
- Trial Run Share- $312.50+ VA State sales tax $7.80= $319.80 Still not sure about 25 weeks of fresh veggies? Try a trial run for 12 weeks and then choose whether or not to continue. This is only available for the Large shares.
- Early Bird Specials- If you sign up and make a payment before January 15th, you will receive a discount of $25 for the Large Share and a $15 discount for the Small Share.
Payment Options for the 2013 CSA
1) Full Payment at time of registration
2) Deposit of $100 with balance due before April 21st
3) Deposit of $100 with balance to be paid in 3 equal payments
We will be happy to discuss this on a case by case basis for those who enjoy some hard work.
Feel free to split a share with someone! But if there is only one melon that week, y'all have to work it out amongst yourselves. No fighting please!
If you are traveling during the growing season for a week or two, a friend or family member can pick-up your share and enjoy. Or we can donate it to a food bank. If you travel frequently during the farming season, you may want to consider a farmers market credit instead.
Buying in Bulk?
Please contact us if you are interested in buying in bulk amounts at a lower cost for canning and freezing. We will be happy to accomodate you.
SHARE THE BOUNTY!
If a share is not picked up or you are away for the pick-up day, we always donate that share to an older woman in Buckingham County who would not be able to afford a CSA share on her own. It is never wasted!
CLICK ABOVE TO DOWNLOAD A MEMBERSHIP FORM